As the Lead Sourcing Vietnam, you are responsible for building up a small team. You will be located at “Deutsches Haus” in Ho Chi Minh City. You have excellent negotiating skills with suppliers and know the factory environment. You work independently and are responsible to manage the local sourcing in Vietnam in close cooperation with our team in Hong Kong. You will report directly to the Executive Director of Teal Goal Limited.
Main responsibilities of the new team
The new team is representing Teal Goal Limited and its customers in Vietnam. Likewise, the following duties and responsibilities are included.
- Identification of export-oriented factories in Vietnam
- Build a strong supplier network in Vietnam and develop strong, functional relationships with key suppliers.
- Analysis of the Vietnamese supply chain and its potential
- Assistance with quality management and the creation of transparency in the production process, also regarding sustainability & compliance
- Prepare sourcing & supply chain reports, as requested by the teams in Hong Kong
- Recruiting and leading one more staff in Ho Chi Minh City
- Source &/or develop products according to enquiries or proactively develop new suppliers in Vietnam
- Compare offers, check samples and provide comparison and comments to our sourcing team & to our internal Key Account Management
- Negotiate with suppliers for better prices & terms
- Follow-up projects from sampling until order shipment
- Work closely with our Team in Hong Kong, with customers & suppliers and various departments to ensure timely and high-quality completion of the products. You are following up on packaging artwork, instruction manual, test reports, customer complaints and quality issues
- Plan and organise business trips for buyers, preparing trip itineraries and setting up visit appointments. Regular travelling in Vietnam and to Hong Kong by your own is required
- Visit suppliers, factories, and trade fairs to gather market/product information, identify possibilities, and make recommendations to our Hong Kong and European teams
You have excellent product sourcing experience and understand how to negotiate with suppliers. You are familiar with the requirements of the European retail market. You can follow up on projects and present the results of your work on time.
- At least seven years of working experience with main focus on product sourcing
- Good knowledge of the Vietnamese market
- Familiar with EU test standards & product compliance
- You work independently, and you are self-motivated
- Solid knowledge of factory operations
- You are a team player with excellent communication & presentation skills in English (fluent, must) & also Vietnamese (preferable)
- Excellent computer skills (Windows or macOS)
At Teal Goal, we provide our employees with a range of benefits reflecting the importance we place on the well-being of our staff. Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements, hybrid work model and flexible working time. You work remotely and in our office at Deutsches Haus, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Double Pay (12 months plus 1-month year-end double pay)
- Generous leave allowance, such as compensation and annual leave, as well as one-day birthday leave
- Business travel insurance
- Employment type: Full-time
How to apply
Please send us your updated CV and an application letter by email to apply for the vacancy. Press the apply button below or send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!